Choose a Law Firm That Cares About Your Well-Being

Trust a work injury attorney from Stoney & Walker in Columbia, North Charleston, South Carolina

An on-the-job accident shouldn't stop you from providing for your family. Your employer should give you the compensation you need while you heal.

Of course, it's not always that simple, is it? If you're having trouble getting your due compensation, a work injury attorney from Stoney & Walker, LLC can help. Attorneys Overture E. Walker and Joy D. Stoney have over 30 years of combined experience handling workers' compensation cases. You can count on our law firm to fight aggressively for the compensation you're owed.

Call us today to speak with a dedicated workers' compensation attorney in Columbia or North Charleston, SC. You can schedule a free consultation at your convenience.

What will workers' compensation cover?

What will workers' compensation cover?

Workers' compensation can cover a variety of expenses, especially if you develop long-term health issues as a result of your accident. A work injury attorney from our law firm can help you seek coverage for:

  • Temporary Total Disability Payments
  • Medical bills
  • Rehabilitation and drug test costs
To find out what a workers' compensation attorney in Columbia or North Charleston, SC can do for you, contact Stoney & Walker now. We'll do everything we can to get you the compensation you deserve.

Permanent Partial Disability.
If your doctor finds that you have a permanent partial disability, you may be eligible for additional benefits and compensation.

Permanent Total Disability.
Permanent and total disabilities are significant injuries-such as the loss of the use of the back, both hands, arms, feet, legs, eyes, or a combination of any two of those body parts. For most disabilities, benefits are paid for a maximum of 500 weeks.

  • Medical benefits: If your treatment is pre-authorized, workers' comp pays for all necessary medical treatment related to a work injury.
  • Mileage reimbursement: Mileage for travel to and from doctors' and therapy appointments.
  • Vocational rehabilitation: If you're unable to return to your previous job you can receive training and other help trying to find new employment.
  • Death Benefits. A worker's spouse, children, or other dependents can receive death benefits when the worker passes away due to a work injury. The amount depends on how many dependents there are.
  • Funeral expenses. A worker's family members can receive up to $2,500 in funeral and burial expenses for a deceased worker.

If I'm Injured at Work, What should I Do?

  1. Obtain first aid or other necessary medical treatment as soon as possible.
  2. You must report the injury as soon as possible. In South Carolina, you have 90 days from the day of your incident or from the day you were identified with an ailment related to your line of work. Upon receiving a proper diagnosis from your healthcare provider, you should provide a written report to both your boss or supervisor and the South Carolina Office of Workers' Compensation.
  3. Attend all visits with doctors and other health care providers connected to your case. If you're unable to attend due to a lack of transportation, the workers' compensation insurance carrier may be able to provide transportation for you.
  4. Call an attorney as soon as possible. There are many pitfalls that occur when you are hurt at work and the process can be difficult to navigate alone. We pride ourselves on the personal touch we give all of our clients.

We have experienced job injury lawyers and have represented injured workers in Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC and throughout the entire state of South Carolina.

Call us at 843-763-1300 or complete a contact form. We are happy to answer your questions.